Food and cooking are essential to our overall well-being. The ability to cook enables us to live healthy life styles. One’s ability to skillfully prepare dishes can be a huge asset, both professionally and personally. Cooking knowledge can lead to a successful culinary career, or it can be used for every-day cooking for the family.
Increasingly a college education with formal qualifications is required for success in this field. The culinary industry continues to be male-dominated, with the latest statistics showing only 19% of all ‘chefs and head cooks’ being female.
Local Cooking Classes offers a huge selection of cooking classes near you. Our knowledge base includes many schools and organizations which offer a variety of cooking and culinary classes. Whether you are looking for professional or personal advancement, our list of cooking classes is sure to point you in the right direction.
Our cooking classes will teach you new cooking styles, techniques, knife skills, diets, and ingredients. Most importantly, they will get your creative juices flowing so you can step out and try something new.
Cooking Classes & Culinary Arts Schools
Culinary Arts degrees are heavily sought after. Not only are students in the US seeking Culinary Arts degrees, but many international students are traveling to the United States for their education in order to work in world-class kitchens anywhere in the world.
It often takes at least 2 years of formal education to obtain your degree in culinary arts. Upon completion of your education, there are many career paths one can take. From the most common path of cooking and becoming a chef to being a food critic or blog writer. Credibility is a great thing and if you’re exploring a career relating to food or cooking, a degree from an established culinary institution can put you on the right path.
If money is a key motivator, you may want to focus on a specific area in the culinary field. For example, entry level cooks such as cooking assistants average around $25,000 annually. As their experience and skill level grows, these cooks can become executive chefs and bring in close to $70,000 annually. Restaurant managers tend to average around $50,000 in salary and food scientists around $65,000.
Culinary Schools in Popular U.S. Cities:
- Culinary Schools in Atlanta, GA
- Culinary Schools in Austin, TX
- Culinary Schools in Boston, MA
- Culinary Schools in Dallas, TX
- Culinary Schools in Denver, CO
- Culinary Schools in Detroit, MI
- Culinary Schools in Houston, TX
- Culinary Schools in Las Vegas, NV
- Culinary Schools in Los Angeles, CA
- Culinary Schools in Miami, FL
- Culinary Schools in Minneapolis, MN
- Culinary Schools in New York, NY
- Culinary Schools in Philadelphia, PA
- Culinary Schools in Phoenix, AZ
- Culinary Schools in San Diego, CA
- Culinary Schools in San Francisco, CA
- Culinary Schools in Seattle, WA
- Culinary Schools in Washington, DC